Tuesday, March 8, 2011

I carry your heart

I carry your heart with me (I carry it in
my heart) I am never without it (anywhere
I go you go, my dear; and whatever is done
by only me is your doing, my darling)

Original shot in RAW

I took this shot sometime during the Valentine's craze in a mall and forgot about it. Only recently while going through some old shots I thought this one had potential. I especially liked the juxtaposition of dangling heart and alarm. However, the white balance, luminance and overall color needed some work to make this picture more "dramatic". Fortunately it was in RAW format, so I opened it with Adobe Camera Raw and adjusted exposure and increased contrast, clarity and vibrance all the way. I also dropped saturation a little. This resulted in a yellowish tint over the entire image. Opening the image in Photoshop I applied Nik's Silver Effex Pro's "Antique Plate 1" filter. This got rid of the yellow/orange tint, but it also took out red in the heart. Layer Mask at 50% opacity brought some of the red back. Finally I applied a texture to give it a vintage look. Here is the final product.
Final product. Click to view large version.
I am dedicating this to my beloved wife, its her heart that I carry with me always...

No comments:

Post a Comment